TRICK OR TREAT ON MAIN STREET!
A Big "Thank You" To Our Participating Businesses,
Raffle Donors, The Purple Cat Vineyard & Winery,
and All the Children & Parents Who Helped Make
"Trick or Treat on Main Street" a Fantastic Event!!!
See You Next Year!!!
On October 29, 2016, the Glocester Business Association sponsored its first ever "Trick or Treat on Main Street."
Children from Glocester and surrounding communities dressed in their Halloween costumes and donated canned goods for the Foster and Glocester Food Pantries. Each child received a trick-or-treat bag and a map showing all the participating businesses along Main
Street in Chepachet. Along the route, children collected treats and had their maps stamped. The children then returned to the start point to choose a fun Halloween novelty item from our Goodies Cauldron, get a free raffle ticket, and pose for a free Halloween photo at a photo booth.
Our goal was to fill the shelves at the Foster and Glocester Food Pantries in time for the holiday season, and we absolutely
accomplished this. Due to the generosity of the participating families, we collected over 1500 items for the Food Pantries. We also collected $116 in cash from our generous community members, which was divided and sent to each Food Pantry, as well.
Approximately 450 children took part in this exciting event, and feedback from the children and their parents was overwhelmingly
positive. Because of this, the GBA's Executive Board voted unanimously to sponsor the event again in 2017!
So how can you join the fun?
- Decorate your business' storefront - the spookier, the better!
- Dress the part and stand outside your business to hand out treats to the little goblins!
(We're expecting another good turnout, so have plenty on hand.)
- Stamp the kids' maps as they visit your business - we'll provide the self-inked stamps!
Not a Main Street business?
You can still participate in this exciting Main Street event by doing one or more of the following:
- Partner with a Main Street business to dress up and hand out your own treats at their location.
- Donate a raffle prize -- just deliver a gift certificate or gift item to one of our Committee members.
- Give a small monetary donation to help offset event expenses -- mail to GBA, PO Box 327, Chepachet, RI 02814.
We hope you'll join us in making next year's event monstrously successful!